Welcome to Day 3 of Ice Cream Week 2014! This year the event is hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Susan of The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen. We have teamed up with 25 amazing bloggers to treat you to tons of amazing ice cream recipes. Ice Cream Week is shaping up to be the best week ever!
Our sponsors for the event have provided us with some great prizes. A huge thanks to Cake Boss, Anolon, Microplane, WÜSTHOF, Page Street Publishing andQuarry Spoon. Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Susan of The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen have tossed in a bonus prize of a Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker because they think everyone should own one!
Here’s what is up for grabs, One Winner Takes All:
- 1 Cuisinart Ice Cream Machine in White
- One Cake Boss Mechanical Ice Cream Scoop with Red Silicone grips
- One Cake Boss 4Pc Ice Cream Bowl Set, Icing Pattern
- One Anolon Advanced Bronze 2 Qt Covered Straining Saucepan with Pour Spout
- One Microplane Herb and Salad Chopper
- One Microplane Premium Classic Grater in White
- One WUSTHOF CLASSIC 9-inch Double Serrated Bread Knife
- One Copy of the Cookbook Making Artisan Gelato by Torrance Kopfer
- One Copy of the Cookbook Everything Goes with Ice Cream by Koralee Teichroeb
- One Copy of the Cookbook Vegan Scoop by Wheeler del Torro
- One Copy of the Cookbook The Great Vegan Bean Book by Kathy Hester
- One Copy of the Cookbook Eat More Dessert by Jenny Kellar
- One Copy of the Cookbook The Perfect Scoop by David Lebovitz
- One Copy of the Cookbook Scoop Adventures by Lindsay Clendaniel
Be sure to swing by all of today’s Ice Cream Week Participants:
- Roasted Blueberry Milkshake by Cravings of a Lunatic
Cherry Almond Chocolate Ripple Semifreddo by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Peach Pit Swirl Ice Cream by Scoop Adventures
Pumpkin Gelato with Salted Caramel Swirl by The Redhead Baker
- Salted Butter Pecan Brittle Ice Cream by Cookistry
Lemon Curd Ice Cream by Life Tastes Good
- Pistachio-Cherry No Churn Ice Cream by The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
Blueberry Frozen Yogurt by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Raspberry Ripple Buttermilk Gelato by Crumb
Chocolate Cookies ‘n Cream Milkshake by Love and Confections
- Lazy Leftover Fruit Salad Ice Cream by Farm Fresh Feasts
Apple Cinnamon Ice Cream by Noshing with the Nolands
- Gluten Free Devil’s Food Ice Cream Cake by Gluten Free Crumbley
Blueberry-Kiwi Lemonade Shake by The Spiffy Cookie
- Caramel Macchiato Soft Serve Ice Cream by Wishes and Dishes
Carrot Cake Ice Cream by Mind Over Batter
- Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream by The Gunny Sack
White Peach Ice Cream with Bourbon Caramel by Quarter Life (Crisis) Cuisine
- No Churn Low Carb Peach Ice Cream from Yours and Mine are Ours
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Happy Wednesday! I hope y’all have been enjoying Ice Cream Week so far. If you’ve been check out my recipes this week, you may have noticed that I’m on a bit of a chocolate kick this week. What can I say, when I think of ice cream one of the flavor profiles I immediately think of is chocolate. Here’s a simple yet delicious ice cream cake that should make any ice cream lover happy.
Active Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 30 minutes
Inactive Prep Time: 3 hours
|1/2 cup||sweet rice flour|
|1/4 cup||potato flour|
|1/4 cup||tapioca starch|
|1/2 tsp||xantham gum|
|1/2 tsp||baking powder|
|3/4 tsp||baking soda|
|6 tbsp||room temperature butter|
|1/4 cup and 2 tbsp||cocoa|
|1 tsp||gluten free vanilla|
|1/2 cup and 2 tbsp||water|
|1 quart||vanilla ice cream|
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F and butter an 8″ spring-form pan. In a small bowl, mix the flours, starch, gum, powder, and soda together.
- Whip the butter and sugar in a bowl. Once combined, beat the cocoa and vanilla in until well combined. Whip in the egg and the yolk.
- Put the water and the milk into a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat until it is about to boil. Whisk into the batter until well combined.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let the cake cool completely.
- Top the cake with the ice cream, and use a warm metal spatula to create a smooth top to the ice cream cake. Freeze for 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, use a warm knife to slice the cake. Top with fresh whipped cream and pieces of cake or cookie.