Hey everyone, welcome to this week’s 5 Ingredients or Less Sunday Supper where I’m bringing peach salsa! I’m so excited to be hosting this week, I’ve been looking forward to the creativity that the group would be bringing with these recipes. This week we all took on the challenge of creating recipes with 5 ingredients or less. The only freebies allowed for these recipes were water, oil, salt, and pepper. Sounds easy right? It’s actually way harder than you’d think to make recipes with this kind of restriction. So what are my tricks to making recipes with few components?
When making dishes with a small amount of ingredients I like to use fresh fruit and vegetables. It’s a wonderful opportunity to highlight seasonal ingredients that are at their peak of quality in taste and texture. Dishes with few ingredients are not only an opportunity to have easy, simple instructions to follow, but they’re also a chance to focus on ingredients you like. I really love peaches during this time of the year, so I wanted to make some peach salsa using local peaches, beautiful tomatoes, and fresh cilantro. This peach salsa is a mild variation on the traditional salsa, and is pretty versatile. It goes great as an appetizer with some chips, but also can be used to top grilled fish during any summer potluck or cookout. I hope you enjoy this recipe and check out all of the amazing recipes on display this weekend!
Be sure to join us this Sunday for the #SundaySupper twitter chat, and check below my recipe for everyone’s Sunday Supper recipes!
- 3 donut peaches
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 lime
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- Cut the peaches in half and remove the pits.
- Roughly chop the peaches, tomatoes, and red onion into small cubes. Move them to a medium bowl.
- Zest the lime and add the zest to the bowl. Roll the zest, slice it in half, and squeeze the juice into the bowl.
- Add the chopped cilantro, salt, and pepper to the bowl. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Serve with chips or on top of cooked fish filet.
Sunday Supper Recipe Links!
- 2 Ingredient Orange Juice Frosty Drink by The Educators’ Spin On It
- Five Ingredient Sangria by Our Good Life
- Pina Colada Summer Smoothie by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
Appetizers and Snacks
- 5-Ingredient Creamy Avocado Dressing by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Crescent Jalapeno Poppers by The Weekend Gourmet
- Crockpot Chicken Chili Dip by The Crumby Cupcake
- Gluten Free Peach Salsa by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Grilled Zucchini and Goat Cheese Roll Ups by Food Done Light
- Marinated Feta Tomato Skewers by Noshing with the Nolands
- Roasted Chili-Lime Peanuts by Casa de Crews
- Strawberry Coconut Soup with Mint by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- 3 Ingredient Steak Marinade by MealDiva
- Baked Fajita Chicken by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Crab Pasta by Caroline’s Cooking
- Grilled Portobello Mushrooms by Palatable Pastime
- Healthy Chocolate Protein Pancakes by Momma’s Meals
- Homemade Porcini Almond Pasta by The Joyful Foodie
- Abruzzo Style Cannellini Beans with Fennel & Chicken by Delaware Girl Eats
- Nutella BLT Sandwich by Brunch with Joy
- Salmon in Puff Pastry by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Simple Brined Roast Chicken with Herbs and Garlic by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Simple Grilled Tilapia by Cooking Chat
- Simple Summer Shrimp and Asparagus by eating in instead
- Skirt Steak and Grilled Potatoes for a Crowd by Family Foodie
- Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken by Nosh My Way
- Slowcooker Ravioli Lasagne by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Brazilian Black Beans by Curious Cuisiniere
- Korean Seasoned Dried Squid (Ojingeochae muchim) by kimchi MOM
- Mashed Cauliflower with Parmesan by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Sauerkraut and Apple Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Sesame Lime Edamame by Magnolia Days
- Southern Style Squash Casserole by Recipe for Perfection
- Tomato, Avocado and Bacon Salad by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Apple Drop Candy by What Smells So Good?
- Chocolate Toffee Cookies by NinjaBaker.com
- Coconut White Chocolate Truffles by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Easy No Churn Peach Frozen Yogurt by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Fluffernutter Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Magic Pudding Dessert by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- No-Churn Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cake by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Rhubarb Crumble by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Creamy Coconut, Roasted Strawberry Chocolate Chip Popsicles by Simply Health Family
- Recipe Substitution Tips by Sunday Supper
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.