Beans, beans, the magic fruit; the more you eat, the more you…
Happy Sunday! Are you ready for #SundaySupper? For those of you who haven’t guess it yet, we’re having a bean-tastic Sunday featuring bean recipes. Some of the recipes may be familiar to you, while others feature ways of using beans you may not have seen before! I’ll be sharing my gluten free green bean casserole, check out under all of this week’s links!
Thank you to Tammi of Momma’s Meals for hosting this week!
- Avocado Hummus by Our Good Life
- Bean Ragoût and Crisped Mushrooms by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Black Bean Chili Nachos by Brunch with Joy
- Chickpea Fries (Panisse) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Five Layer Greek Hummus Dip by Food Done Light
- Pizza Roasted Chickpeas by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Roasted Garlic and Black Pepper Hummus by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- White Bean and Basil Spread by Peaceful Cooking
Bean-a-rific Soups and Stews:
- Butternut Squash White Bean Soup by Magnolia Days
- Chickpea and Bean Soup by Momma’s Meals
- Classic Cassoulet by Food Lust People Love
- Navy Bean & Kale Soup by An Appealing Plan
- Navy Bean Soup by The Messy Baker
- Slow Cooker Pork and Bean Stew by Nosh My Way
- Slow Cooker White Bean Kielbasa Stew by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Spicy Sausage, White Bean and Spinach Soup by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Bean and Cornbread Salad by MealDiva
- Clams with Black Beans by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Gluten Free Green Bean Casserole by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Gold Rush Baked Beans by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Italian Beans and Greens by Simply Healthy Family
- Maple Brown Sugar Baked Beans by Carrie’s Experimental Kitchen
- Pinto Beans With Cornbread Croutons by Nik Snacks
- Whiskey Bacon Baked Beans by Sew You Think You Can Cook
Incredi-bean Main Meals:
- Arugula Tomato and Beans Flatbread by Family Foodie
- Bean and Bacon Tacos by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Beefy Lima Bean Casserole by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Colombian Red beans – Frisoles Antioquenos by Palatable Pastime
- Honey-Lime Black Bean and Sweet Potato Tacos by The Chunky Chef
- One Pot Tuscan Style Garlic Herb Pork Chops by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Orecchiette with White Beans and Swiss Chard by Delaware Girl Eats
- Skillet Black Beans and Pork by Cooking Chat
- Ultimate Chili Stuffed Sweet Potatoes by Pancake Warriors
- White Bean Ragout, Frisèe, and a Fried Egg by The Wimpy Vegetarian
Amaze-beans Sweet Endings:
- Chocolate Covered Espresso Bean Bark by Love and Confections
- Flourless Almond Joy Cookie Dough Ball by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Flourless Mocha Brownies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Gluten-Free Black Bean Brownies by Wallflour Girl
- Gluten-Free Donuts by NinjaBaker
- Pecan Praline Black Bean Brownies by Rhubarb and Honey
- Soy Awesome Cookies 2.0 by What Smells So Good?
- Strawberry Coco-Cacao Bean Smoothie by Dandelion Greens
- Sweet Bean Pie by Shockingly Delicious
- Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee by Noshing With The Nolands
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Gluten Free Green Bean Casserole
The line I started out the post with is a kid’s song that my dad would always sing if there were beans at the dinner table (spoilers, it drove my mom crazy). I wanted to take a staple side from my childhood and make it gluten free. Pretty much every green bean casserole I’ve seen is topped with fried onions, which is a pretty big problem for gluten free meals. That’s why I love making my own for this recipe. I always make sure to fry more than I need, just in case some magically disappear while prepping the side…
I also use a gluten free cream of mushroom soup and gluten free soy sauce in the recipe. I hope you and your family enjoy this green bean casserole!
|4 cups||green beans|
|1||medium yellow onion|
|1 cup||white rice flour|
|1/4 tsp||xantham gum|
|2 tbsp||garlic powder|
|2 tsp||black pepper|
|1 quart||canola oil|
|1 14.5 oz can||gluten free cream of mushroom soup|
|2 tbsp||gluten free soy sauce|
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Rinse the green beans, then snap off the ends. Cut into uniform 2-3 inch sections. Fill a bowl with ice cold water and set it aside. Once the pot of water is boiling, add the beans and cook for about 4 minutes until the beans are a bold green color. Drain the beans and transfer to the bowl of ice water.
- Slice the onion in half, then cut into slices. In a small bowl, mix the flour, gum, powder, pepper, and salt. In a separate bowl, pour the buttermilk. Place the oil into a pot and bring to medium high heat. Once the oil is hot, dip the onions into the milk, then into the flour. Repeat dipping the onion into the milk then the flour. Place the onion into the pot and fry until slightly golden brown (about 3 minutes). Remove from the oil and place onto a plate lined with paper towels.
- Drain the beans. In a bowl, mix the soup, soy sauce, beans, and half of the fried onions together. Transfer to a baking dish and bake for 25 minutes. Top with the remaining fried onions and bake for an additional 5 minutes. Serve while warm.