Happy Sunday, and I hope y’all are having a good weekend so far! Because today the Sunday Supper Movement is celebrating hotdogs and hamburgers since it is National Hot Dog Month! To guide us through this week’s recipes, Christie is our wonderful host this week, and we’ve got an amazing variety of dishes this week for you! I don’t know about you, but I don’t know what summer would be without hamburger and hotdogs! I grew up liking my hamburgers with just a dab of ketchup or mustard, but as I’ve gained an appreciation for variety as I’ve grown up. We’ll be filling your buns (phrasing!) with all sorts of great hot dog and humburger recipes, and fill your recipe book with some of the best grill recipes around town. (Or in my case, go completely off the wall and make dessert hamburgers!)
As you may have noticed, I don’t have the most conventional recipe this week. I mean, I made dessert hamburgers. Who does that, unless you’re Nabisco. I told one of my family members this past week that I would be making dessert hamburgers for this week’s Sunday Supper, and they told me that it was totally unoriginal. Mind you, he said this with such a calm and nonchalant demeanor that I was in shock. It’s like my brain hit a brick wall. I thought I was being fun and creative, making something new that I haven’t done before, and I just kind of assumed not many others had either. I asked him where he saw these, assuming he would say Pinterest because where else would you find stuff like dessert hamburgers. And with a plain and straight face, he said Oreos have been doing the dessert hamburger game for years.
Don’t you love it when your family wants to have fun and troll you?
But to be a little serious, I had a lot of fun coming up with this recipe, and really hope the creativity shines through. The cupcakes serve as the hamburger buns (topped off with fake sesame seeds), while the chocolate covered coconut serves as the fake hamburger patty. Top it off with a little tart raspberry jelly to balance the sweetness and act as fake ketchup, and you’ve got yourself some dessert hamburgers! After my recipe for dessert hamburgers, check out all the amazing savory burgers and dogs below!
- Ingredients for citrus yellow cake
- vanilla frosting
- yellow sprinkles
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 cups coconut flakes
- raspberry jelly
- Make the batter for citrus yellow cake, but bake in cupcake tins for 18 minutes instead. Let the cakes completely cool.
- Slice the cakes in half, and use the frosting to attach the yellow sprinkles to the tops of the cakes.
- In a cup, melt the butter and oil.
- In a bowl, mix the butter, oil, sugar, and cocoa. Add the coconut flakes, and stir until well combined.
- Shape the coconut into patties, and refrigerate for 5 minutes.
- Place the coconut patties onto the bottoms of the cupcakes.
- Warm the jelly in the microwave for 20 sec. Top each patty with some raspberry jelly. Top with the cupcake tops and enjoy!
Sunday Supper Hamburgers and Hotdogs
All American Burgers & Dogs
- BLT Burgers by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Bourbon BBQ Bacon Burger Sliders by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Bourbon Onion Bacon Dog by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Chicago Style Hot Dog by The Culinary Compass
- Copycat Guberburgers by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Idaho Dogs by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Philly Cheesesteak Dog by Palatable Pastime
- Pimento Cheese Burger by Magnolia Days
- Southern Seasoned Beef Burger by April Go Lightly
- The Best Ever Bacon, Egg and Cheese Burger by The Chef Next Door
- The SmashBurger by Monica’s Table
- Whiskey Burgers by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Burgers by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chicken Parmesan Burgers by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Chicken Satay Burger with Peanut Sauce by Baking Sense
- Chicken Tikka Burgers by Sunday Supper Movement
- Miso Glazed Chicken Burgers by Sew You Think You Can Cook
Worldly Burgers & Dogs
- Blue Cheese Burger with Fig Jam by Garden Matter
- Caprese Burgers by The Redhead Baker
- Cheddar Stuffed Taco Burger by My Life Cookbook
- Dominican Chimichurri Burgers by The Crumby Cupcake
- Guacamole Cilantro Lime Cheeseburger by Life Tastes Good
- Hot Dog Maki Roll by kimchi MOM
- Meatball Parmesan Burgers by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Portuguese Hamburger by Family Foodie
- Salchipapas (Peruvian Sausages and Potatoes) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Smoky Sliders with Chipotle Mayo by Cooking on the Ranch
- Spicy Shishito Dog by Brunch-n-Bites
Where’s the Beef Burgers
- Baby Back Rib Burger by The Freshman Cook
- Brown Rice & Lamb Burgers with Spinach by Wholistic Woman
- Fish Taco Burgers by Pies and Plots
- Greek Lamb Burgers with Blistered Tomatoes and Tzatziki Spread by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Miso Tuna Burgers by Caroline’s Cooking
- The Perfect Lentil Burger by Food Lust People Love
Where’s the Bun Burger
- How to make Salmon Burgers with Mango Salsa by Asian In America
- How to Pan-fry Bratwurst by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- The Ultimate #SundaySupper Hamburger and Hotdog Wine Pairing Guide by ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.