This week for Sunday Supper we wanted to feature recipes that would make a great date night for two since Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. Check out the recipes below to find everything you need for a romantic dinner for two: appetizers, entrees, drinks, and desserts.
For this Sunday Supper, I wanted to provide an easy dessert recipe that can be treated like finger foods. I find truffles to be a great way of packing indulgence into a single bite. These chocolate hazelnut truffles are a creamy dark chocolate and coffee center covered in chopped hazelnuts. They’re incredibly easy to make too! To make clean up easy, use food gloves when rolling the chocolates, that way all the mess goes in the trash with minimal washing.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on Twitter this Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our chat will start up at 7pm EST, so follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and be sure to include it in your tweets to join in on the chat.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy, just sign up at Sunday Supper Movement.
- Bacon-Wrapped Dates Stuffed with Ricotta from Casa de Crews
- Kumquat Vanilla Marmalade from Shockingly Delicious
- Southwestern Meatballs wrapped in Bacon from Momma’s Meals
- Almond-Crusted Sole with Mushroom Pilaf for Two from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Bacon Crusted Beer Mac and Cheese from Melanie Makes
- Baked Crab Cakes with Lemongrass-Ginger Mayo from The Weekend Gourmet
- Baked Pasta with Sausage and Fontina from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Baked Tilapia En Papillote from It’s Yummi!
- Chicken and Mushroom Alfredo from Cookin’ Mimi
- Drunken Snow Crabs from Family Foodie
- Eggs in Purgatory from Noshing with the Nolands
- Flambéed Veal Chops from MealDiva
- Homemade Philly Cheesesteak Stromboli from In The Kitchen With KP
- Meyer Lemon Butter Sauce Prawns with Linguine from Food Lust People Love
- Pan Seared Scallops with Lemon-Basil Beurre Blanc, Pancetta, Apples and Fennel from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Pan-Seared Scallops with Linguine and Tomato-Cream Sauce from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Roasted Vegetable Lasagna for Two from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Salmon Pakoras from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Swiss Fondue for Two from Curious Cuisiniere
- White Queso Mac and Cheese for Two from Daily Dish Recipes
Decadent Desserts and Drinks:
- Baked Custard from Magnolia Days
- Cherry Spritzer Ice Cream Float from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Chocolate Budino with Strawberry Hearts from Manu’s Menu
- Chocolate Malt Bread Pudding from Alida’s Kitchen
- Chocolate Marshmallow Duets from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chocolate Pots de Crème from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Fresh Berry Parfait with Crème Anglaise from Hip Foodie Mom
- Fudgy Dark Chocolate Brownies with Raspberry Sauce from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Funfetti Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle from Take a Bite Out of Boca
- German Rose Water Sugar Cookies For Two from Killer Bunnies, Inc.
- Gluten Free Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Gluten-Free Deep Dish Hot Fudge Brownies for Two from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Ice Cream Stuffed Crepes with Nutella and Fresh Berries from Neighborfood
- Malawian Mbatata Cookies with Coconut Cream from Happy Baking Days
- Orange-scented Bread Pudding with Hard Sauce for Two from girlichef
- Pecan-Crusted Coconut Custards with Brandied Banana Sauce from The Texan New Yorker
- Pistachio Pudding For Two (From Scratch) from Chocolate Moosey
- 3 Japanese-Style Treats for Your Sweet from Ninja Baking
- Valentine’s Cupcakes with a Surprise from From the Bookshelf
- White Hot Chocolate from Pies and Plots
Gluten Free Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles
Active Prep Time 30 minutes
Inactive Prep Time 1 hour and overnight
Bake Time 25 minutes
|1/2 cup||raw hazelnuts|
|1/2 cup||heavy cream|
|7 oz||70% dark chocolate|
|1/4 cup||granulated sugar|
|2 tbsp||brewed coffee|
|1 tsp||gluten free vanilla|
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Cover a pan with aluminum foil. Spread the raw hazelnuts onto the pan. Roast for 25 minutes.
- Remove the hazelnuts from the oven and let them cool for 5 minutes. Remove the shell from all the hazelnuts and finely chop them. Set them aside.
- Finely chop the chocolate and put it into a mixing bowl.
- Over medium heat, add the cream to a saucepan. Stir until the cream boils.
- Pour the cream into the chocolate and whisk until the chocolate has completely melted.
- Stir the sugar, coffee, vanilla, and salt into the chocolate. Cover and refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove the chocolate from the fridge and use a 1 inch ice cream scoop to spoon the chocolate onto the baking sheet. Refrigerate the chocolate for 15 minutes.
- Pour the nuts into a plate. Roll the chocolate into balls and roll in the nuts. Refrigerate the truffles overnight.