”They say fingers were made before forks, and hands before knives.” –
Jonathan Swift from Polite and Ingenious Conversations
Happy Sunday everyone! I hope you’ve had a good weekend so far! I’m currently writing this article on my couch unexpectedly being buried under blankets because of this springtime cold shock. (I know I’m excited for Game of Thrones and I’m waiting for winter to come, but not literally HBO!)
This weekend’s Sunday Supper focuses on challenging America’s perception of finger foods. Most Americans think finger foods are appropriate for parties and appetizers, but this weekend we’re making finger foods that are perfect for dinner. All of these dinner time dishes can be eaten with only your fingers, and don’t need any kind of utensil to use. I wanted to make a dinner time meal that would be perfect for a busy weekday dinner. I’ve got some busy weeks, so I do a lot of my weekly dinner prep over the weekend. These nuggets are one of the meals I’ll make a lot of during the weekend, and I’ll reheat them in the oven or the microwave on a weeknight a quick and stress free meal. I hope you enjoy these nuggets, they’re super juicy and tender on the inside and crispy on the outside. And be sure to check out all of the finger food recipes down below! Thank you to Christie Campbell for hosting this weekend!
- 6 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup white rice flour
- dash of salt and pepper
- 1 cup milk
- Bread Crumb Coating
- 8 oz gluten free panko bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tbsp thyme
- dash of salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400F
- Slice the chicken breasts into 1-1 1/2 inch nuggets.
- In a small bowl, mix the flour and add a dash of salt and pepper.
- In another small bowl, add the milk and a dash of salt and pepper.
- In a third small bowl, mix the contents of the bread crumb coating ingredients together.
- Dunk the chicken into the flour, then into the milk, then coat in the bread crumbs. Place onto a baking sheet, and bake for 24 minutes.
- Serve with ketchup or your favorite chicken dipping.
- Artichoke Jalapeno Bruschetta by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Bacon Wrapped Dates by Our Good Life
- Baked Blue Cheese Olive Bites by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Baked Chicken Flautas by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Baked Piroshki (Russian Stuffed Rolls) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Blue Cheese & Buffalo Chicken Wonton Bites by Moore or Less Cooking
- Caprese Polenta Cakes by Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Cherry Topped Brie Bites by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chicken Pesto Pizza by Taste And See
- Classic Homemade Guacamole by Pies and Plots
- Fresh Vegetable Rainbow Rolls by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Italian Fried Stuffed Olives by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Healthy Buffalo Chicken Kabobs by Hardly A Goddess
- Mini Feta Leek Quiche by FoodieTots
- Mini Mediterranean Shish Kebabs by Hey What’s for Dinner Mom?
- Pan Seared Bruschetta by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Raspberry Glazed Chicken Wings by Family Around The Table
- Sesame Chicken Fingers by An Appealing Plan
- Spicy Popcorn Chicken by Brunch-n-Bites
- Battered-dipped Turkey Tenders by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Beef Wellington Bites by Food Lust People Love
- Broccoli, Ham and Cheese Egg Muffin Cups by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Broccoli, Ham & Cheese Double Stuffed Potatoes by Simply Healthy Family
- Cheesy Baked Garlic Chicken Strips by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Cuban Sandwiches by My World Simplified
- Chicken Parmesan Sliders by The Chef Next Door
- Ethiopian Injera and Tikel Gomen (cabbage, carrots and potato) by Caroline’s Cooking
- Fish fingers and Old Bay Dip by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Gluten Free Chicken Nuggets by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Crunchy-Coated Haddock Fingers by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Ham and Cheese Sliders by Feeding Big and More
- Mini Pizza Pockets by The Freshman Cook
- Mini Pizzas by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Ribs with Whiskey Maple Barbecue Sauce by Palatable Pastime
- Savory Beef and Veggie Hand Pies by Positively Stacey
- Spinach-Feta Rolls by Wholistic Woman
- Lasagna Cupcakes by A Mind Full Mom
- Tacos in Lettuce Wraps by Simple and Savory
- Thai Basil Chicken Lettuce Wraps by Casa de Crews
- Thai-Indian Beef Lettuce Cups by The Texan New Yorker
- Vegetarian Piadina Sandwich by she loves biscotti
- Yuca Fritters Stuffed with Cheese by Basic N Delicious
- Blueberry and Brie Tarts by Momma’s Meals
- Roasted Strawberry Hand Pies by Baking Sense
- Salted Caramel Cream Puffs by The Redhead Baker
Plus Bite-sized Pavlovas and More Finger Food Recipes from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.