Recently I had the opportunity to try out wine from the California Wine Club, and felt inspired to make Gluten Free White Sangria featuring the Chardonnay I was able to try. I love sangria. It’s such a great drink for social events with friends and family. I typically lean towards red sangrias, but I find white sangria to be a light and refreshing drink during the hot summer days. This is a simple white sangria recipe that can easily be scaled to your party needs, and will be a great drink that will keep people refreshed and having a great time at your summer cookouts. I like to use Chardonnay in white sangria since it’s traditionally a dry wine and gets this great sweetness from the natural sugars of the fruits as they marinade in the wine. It’s also an amazing way to feature fruits that are fresh and in season. White sangria goes great in party settings with small appetizers, I especially love to pair it with cheeses or small deli meats.
I’ve been impressed with the wines I’ve received through California Wine Club, and I appreciate that they select wines from the smaller family wineries in California. Living in Virginia I have a great appreciation for small family wineries, so I’m excited to have the ability to try west coast family wines through California Wine Club. They also send the story of each featured winery to learn more about the wine artisans of California. To learn more about California Wine Club, visit https://www.cawineclub.com/
- 1 bottle Chardonnay
- 4 shots cognac
- 4 shots simple syrup
- 1/2 cup Canada Dry Ginger Ale
- 1 orange
- 2 peaches
- 1 apple
- In a large jug, combine the wine, cognac, syrup, and ginger ale. Stir to combine.
- Slice the orange into quarters, then slice into thin slices. Add to the wine
- Open the peaches and remove the pits. Slice the peaches into thin slices and add to the wine.
- De-core the apple and slice the apple into thin slices. Add to the wine and stir.
- Close the jug and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight before serving.