I was the first of three children, so my mom stayed at home for the majority of my childhood until all three of us were a certain age. Once a week after school, she would make peppered steak because it was affordable and an easy way of sneaking in some vegetables. Whenever I see peppered steak I think of my mom and all of the love she provided us through food she prepared.
- Asian Short Rib Tacos with Pineapple & Crunchy Slaw by Foxes Loves Lemons
- Barbecue Chicken Pizza by In The Kitchen With KP
- Beef & Potato Skillet Supper by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Braised Pork Chops and Sauerkraut by kimchi MOM
- Chicken a la King by Juanita’s Cocina
- Chicken and Dumplings by Country Girl In The Village
- Chicken Crescent Squares by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Family Fave Lasagne by NinjaBaking.com
- Gluten Free Peppered Steak by No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- Greek Meatballs (Soutzoukakia) by Supper For A Steal
- Green Chile Chicken Tortilla Casserole by girlichef
- Hungarian Goulash by The Foodie Army Wife
- Linguine with fresh Tomatoes and Basil by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Meatloaf by Magnolia Days
- Peixe Asado no Forno | Fish Baked in the Oven by Family Foodie
- Pierogies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Sour Cream Coffee Cake by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Straw and Hay Pasta by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Swiss Steak by Curious Cuisiniere
- Veggie Mac and Cheese by Hip Foodie Mom
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook time 20 minutes
|1 cup||uncooked rice|
|1/3 cup||gluten free soy sauce|
|2 tbsp||brown sugar|
|2 tbsp||red wine|
|½ tsp||gluten free corn starch|
|1 ½ lb||thinly sliced steak, preferably top round|
- Rinse the rice under cold water. Place the 2 cups rice in a small pot over high heat. Once boiling, add the rice, cover the pot, and reduce the heat to low. Cook for 20 minutes.
- While the rice cooks, chop the onion and mince the garlic. Add a tablespoon of olive oil to a pan and cook the onion and garlic over medium heat until the onions become translucent. Add the red wine, soy sauce, and sugar to the pan. Stir to combine.
- Slice the bell pepper and steak into strips. Stir the corn starch into the sauce, and add the pepper and steak to the pan. Stir occasionally until the steak is tender and cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the steak and sauce from the pan and serve with the rice.