Below is a recipe for what is possibly my favorite summer salad, Strawberry and Mozzarella Salad with a Balsamic vinaigrette. This salad combines the sweetness of the strawberries and balsamic, the creamy saltiness of the mozzarella, and the crunchy nuttiness of sliced almonds for some texture.
- One bag of your favorite lettuce or greens, avoid ones with a bitter taste
- 1 pint strawberries
- Fresh mozzarella
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar for the dressing, 2 tsp for the strawberries
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- sliced almonds, optional
- Clean and slice the strawberries and place them in a small bowl. Add the 2 tsp to the bowl, and let the strawberries marinate for about 10-20 minutes
- In another small bowl, whisk together the remaining balsamic and oil, and add salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the cheese into cubes, and toss together the lettuce, strawberries, and dressing. Sprinkle the sliced almonds on top.