Last week I shared a white sangria recipe featuring CK Mondavi wine, and this week I wanted to feature a recipe using one of their other white wines. The Blonde Five is a light wine that pairs well with spicy foods and mild cheese, so I chose to pair it with my spicy chicken and mac and cheese! CK Mondavi Blonde Five has the smell of honeysuckle and pear, and a taste that marries apple, honey, and lemon together. This wine also pairs really well with grilled shrimp. I like making this spicy chicken during the summer, either on the grill if the weather is nice, or conveniently on the stove top. I recently tested out this chicken recipe on my porch grill, and sipped some chilled wine while relaxing outside. It was such a great couple, and was a great moment to relax in the warm summer weather.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp red pepper
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp paprika
- fresh baby carrots
- 1 box gluten free elbow noodles
- 1 pint light cream
- 8 oz cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground pepper
- Rinse and pat the chicken dry.
- Mix the spices and salt together. Cover both sides of the chicken in the spices.
- Put a sautee pan on medium heat, and add the chicken, cooking on each side for 12 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Boil the noodles for 8 minutes, then drain. Transfer to a casserole dish.
- Mix the cream, cheese, butter, salt, and pepper together. Pour over top the noodles and bake for 30 minutes.
- Skin the carrots, and bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
CK Mondavi wines are produced in the Napa Valley by the iconic C. Mondavi & Family. CK Mondavi grows and bottles all their wine, and the family portfolio consists of the most popular varieties of wines that are handcrafted under the close stewardship of the Peter Mondavi Sr. family. A large portion of the grapes are grown on the family’s 1,850 acres of vineyards, or are sourced from vineyards that the family has had partnerships with for generations. CK Mondavi wines are consistent, vintage-to-vintage, providing consumers with a value and quality they can trust. They can be found online at CKMondavi.com, or on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest @CKMondaviWines.
Check out more CK Mondavi Summer Coctails at http://www.ckmondavi.