0 Flares Made with Flare More Info'> 0 Flares ×
It’s time for Geek Food Friday! Check out the video and recipe below for the Doctor Who inspired potato skins, aptly named Sontaran Skins!
Sontaran Skins – Geek Food Friday
- 2 dozen small yellow potatoes
- olive oil
- salt for seasoning
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 12 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 sprigs thyme
- 1 container sour cream
- blue food dye
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Rinse the potatoes and poke holes into the potatoes with forks. Place them on the baking sheet and bake for about 30 minutes. Change the oven to 450F.
- Once the potatoes have slightly cooled, slice them in half and scoop out the potatoes. Place the skins upside down onto the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and salt. Place back into the oven for about 15 minutes.
- Mix the cheeses and thyme together. Dice the pepper.
- Place cheese and peppers into each of the cups and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Add food dye to the sour cream to get Tardis blue sour cream, and top the bites with the sour cream before serving.