At one of the Christmas parties I attended this past season, there were these fun little peanut butter balls present as the dessert. However, they had one small issues: graham crackers were one of the ingredients. So, once again I set out to create my own variation that those desiring gluten-free could eat. They’re pretty easy to make, and don’t take long at all.
-10 oz bag of Reese’s peanut butter chips
-1 tbsp butter
-1/4 cup gluten free graham cracker crumbs
-1 tsp vanilla
-1/4 bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
-1 tablespoon corn syrup
1. In a double boiler or microwave, melt the chips and butter. If using a double boiler, be careful of steam and the bowl becoming hot. If using a microwave, melt at 50% heat to prevent burning.
2. Stir in the vanilla and crumbs, and mix until well combined.
3. Scoop with either a spoon or small ice cream scoop into balls on parchment paper. Place in the freezer for about 5 minutes
4. Once firm, remove from the freezer and melt the chocolate in a similar process to step 1.
5. Dip the balls into the chocolate, and sprinkle or roll in the crumbs.