3 egg whites
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
3/4 cups superfine or confectioners sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F. Either butter and flour a baking sheet, or line it with parchment paper.
2. With an electric mixer, beat the egg whites until they become foamy.
3. Add cream of tartar until the beaten eggs start to have peaks.
4. Add the sugar little by litte until the meringue starts to form into firm peaks.
5. Beat in the vanilla.
6. Spoon or pipe the meringues onto the cookie sheet, and place into the oven for 1.5 to 1.75 hours. Once the meringues appear fairly crisp, turn off the oven and crack it open. Leave the meringues in the oven overnight.