Happy New Year, and welcome to 2015!
If you’re anything like me and have been indulging yourself with rich food while ignoring the word exercise during the holidays, then you’re as excited as I am for this weekend’s Sunday Supper.
This weekend we’re featuring a host of different foods that are all light and far less guilty than the decadence of the holiday season. I know most people think that “lighter” and “healthier” means less flavor and texture, but the recipes that this week’s participants are sharing defy that misconception – food can be both light and delicious!
Best part is we’ve got pretty much every part of the day covered. We have recipes that are perfect if you want to start your day with a smoothie and brunch. Or if you want to prepare a lunch or dinner for your family, check out all the truly creative app, soup, and main meal recipes. (And don’t forget about dessert!)
Check out all of these recipes on Sunday, January 4th, and join us for a twitter chat at 7pm ET the same day!
- Almond Mocha Smoothie from The Foodie Army Wife
- Chocolate-Covered Banana-Berry Green Smoothie from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- De-Tox Innards Cleansing Smoothie from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Peachilious Smoothie from Peanut Butter and Peppers
Blissful Breakfast Items
- Apple Crumble Smoothie Bowl from Try Anything Once Culinary
- Light Eggs Benedict from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Multigrain Scones from The Texan New Yorker
- Nutty Granola Bars from Pies and Plots
- Reduced Sugar Donuts from The Ninja Baker
- Broccoli Pesto from Curried Cantaloupe
- Creamed Roasted Vegetable Soup from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Fava Bean and Avocado Guacamole from Pancake Warriors
- Homemade Snickerdoodle Peanut Butter from Wallflour Girl
- Norwegian Egg Benedict from Brunch with Joy
- Roasted Pumpkin and Chevre Bruschetta from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Spicy Curried Lentil Spread with Winter Veggies from Lifestyle Food Artistry
Savory Soups and Sides
- Detox Chicken Bok Choy Soup from Nosh My Way
- Gluten Free Chicken Pho Soup from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Marinated Tomato and Mozzarella Salad from From Gate to Plate
- Quinoa Mango Pomegranate Spinach Salad with White Balsamic Vinigrette from Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Red Cabbage and Golden Raisin Salad from girlichef
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts and Endive Slaw with Champagne Vinaigrette from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Spinach and Black Bean Ravioletti Soup from Big Bear’s Wife
- Black Pepper Tofu with Black Garlic Sauce from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Butternut Squash and Roasted Red Pepper Soup from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Fish Steamed with Spicy Couscous from Food Lust People Love
- French Potato Leek Soup from Curious Cuisiniere
- Kale Pesto with Squash Noodles from Ruffles & Truffles
- Mexican Turkey Cutlets from Magnolia Days
- Meyer Lemon Roasted Chicken Thighs, Fennel & Sweet Potato from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Portuguese Kale Soup from Recipes Food and Cooking
- Salmon with Mushroom Sauce from Cooking Chat
- Skinny Chicken-Leek Pot Pie from The Weekend Gourmet
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Quinoa from Bobbi’s Kosy Kitchen
- Slow Cooker Italian Barley & Sausage from Foxes Loves Lemons
- Tomato Basil Soup with Grilled Pimento Cheese Sandwiches from Food Done Light
- Tomato Goat Cheese Arugula Flatbread from Family Foodie
- Tomato Roasted Cauliflower Tagine from Nik Snacks
- Easy to be Green Chocolate Chip Cookies from What Smells So Good?
- Fruit Parfait from Desserts Required
- Maple Pear Scones from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Simple Blackberry Crumble from The Perfect Brownie
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.