An idea spurred by one of my friends Jimmy, I decided to start a weekly post about a variety of foods, and their health benefits. So I’d like to start with the mythical fruit that’s supposed to keep you from ever needing to enter a doctor’s office: the Apple.
|No, not that Apple…|
- Stronger bones: Apples contain chemicals and elements such as Boron, which are proven to increase bone density.
- Helps prevent asthma
- Helps prevent heart disease: Apples have a chemical that lowers “bad”Â cholesterol, which helps your heart and other body functions work better.
- Helps prevent lung, colon, liver, and breast cancer
- Helps you lose weight
- Good source of vitamins and antioxidants
- Recent research shows links between eating apples and the prevention ofÂ Alzheimer’s.