Welcome to today’s #WeekdaySupper recipe for veggie pesto pasta, featuring a raw vegetarian dish that I love to make while relaxing on vacation or at the end of a really busy day.
I won’t be on vacation until a few days from now when I travel to Orlando for the Food and Wine Conference, but until then my life is in a state of crazy. Between working a ton of hours, fixing my new house, and moving I am pretty stressed and stretched thin on time. That’s why I love this dish. This raw dish is super easy and quick to make and requires one key tool for success. A spiralizer. I first found out about them at the last FWCon, and it’s been a staple of my kitchen since.
I also love to make this dish when I’m at a hotel without kitchens and don’t want to run the risk of getting glutened. I just prepare the pesto ahead of time, can it, and take it with my spiralizer for a quick and easy dinner while on vacation.
- 8 squash
- 1 1/2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup kale
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- shaved Parmesan for garnish
- Rinse the squash and cut off the ends.
- Feed the squash through the spiralizer and into a bowl. Cut the threads into pieces that are about 6 inches long.
- In a food processor, pulse the basil, kale, garlic, and walnuts until they are finely chopped. Slowly pour the olive oil into the pesto, pulsing the food to blend. Pulse in the grated cheese until the pesto is well combined.
- Add the pesto to the squash, and toss in order to coat the squash noodles with the pesto. Top with the ground pepper and shaved Parmesan.
Be sure to check out all this week’s tasty #WeekdaySupper recipes!
Monday – Lemon and Artichoke Pasta by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Tuesday – Chicken and Veggie Stir Fry by The Freshman Cook
Wednesday – Grilled Ribeye with Portobello Mushrooms by Cooking Chat
Thursday – Gluten Free Veggie Pesto Pasta by Gluten Free Crumbley
Friday – Kielbasa & Pierogies with Summer Vegetables by The Crumby Cupcake