It’s the Friday before July 4th, so it’s a perfect day to finish up the Summer Vacation Recipes #WeekdaySupper with some gluten free tacos! I love making easy and quick recipes while on summer vacation so I can optimize my fun in the sun. This gluten free taco recipe uses McCormick Gluten Free Taco Seasoning, and is the perfect dish while on summer vacation.
I immediately think of weekday night tacos when it comes to summer vacation because my mom made them for us while school was out during summer. Nowadays I love adding salsa, veggies and all sorts of toppings to my tacos, but this recipe keeps it simple. Why’s that? Because I was a super picky eater when I was a kid, and I wouldn’t be surprised if one of your kids is a picky eater. That’s why this recipe substitutes shredded brussel sprouts for shredded lettuce, in order to sneak a little healthy in.
Be sure to check out my recipe, along with all the great vacation #WeekdaySupper recipes this week!
Monday – Creamy Rotisserie Chicken and Mushroom Pasta by Simply Healthy Family
Tuesday – Chicken Sloppy Joe Pitas by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Wednesday – Cilantro Paprika Potatoes Salad by The Petit Gourmet
Thursday – Grilled Italian Sausages with Peppers and Onions by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Friday – Gluten Free Tacos by Gluten Free Crumbley
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 package McCormick Gluten Free Taco Seasoning
- 3/4 c water
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup brussel sprouts, shredded
- 12 gluten free corn tortillas
- other toppings as desired
- Cook the beef over medium heat in a skillet until brown.
- Drain the beef of the grease, and wipe the pan clean.
- Add the beef back to the pan, reduce the heat to medium low. In a cup mix the seasoning and the water, then add it to the beef. Stir until the beef is well coated and cook for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the beef to a serving bowl.
- Assemble the tacos with desired toppings.