Hey everyone! I hope you’re having a good ending to 2015! As its the week of Christmas, I wanted to share a fun cookie recipe that kids would have tons of fun creating. All you need are a few ingredients, a few ingredients, and you’ve got a fun family event!
- Cookie Ingredients
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tsp gluten free vanilla extract
- 1 cup sweet rice flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 2 tsp guar gum
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Icing Ingredients
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp milk
- 2 tsp light agave
- gluten free candy
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Whip the butter and sugar together. Blend in the egg and the vanilla.
- In a small bowl, combine the flours, gum, powder, and soda. Whip the flour into the butter mixutre, and refrigerate for 1 hr.
- Roll out the dough into 1/4 inch thickness. Use a large star cookie cutter to cut several cookies, and use several smaller star shaped cutters to make hollow cookies.
- Bake for 8 minutes and let cool to room temperature
- Whisk the powdered sugar, milk, and agave together. Pour the icing into a bag and pipe the icing onto the edges of half of the whole cookies. Place the hollow cookies on top in 2 layers. Fill the cookies boxes with candy.
- Decorate the tops of the other half of whole cookies. Use these as toppers for the cookie boxes.