0 Flares Made with Flare More Info'> 0 Flares ×
Here’s a delicious yet simple recipe for pretzel crusted chicken. I made it with Glutino gluten free pretzels, and it turned out great! The trick to getting crispy chicken on the top and bottom is to use a wire rack with the baking pan to allow the top and bottom to get crispy at the same time. I like to serve with with some slightly caramelized vegetables because it’s a great color contrast and goes great with the chicken. I also like to use thinly sliced chicken to speed up the cooking time.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Bake Time: 18 minutes
|3/4 lb||thinly sliced chicken|
|1/2 cup||dijon mustard|
|1/4 cup||honey mustard|
|2 tbsp||olive oil|
|1 cup||gluten free pretzels|
|1 tsp||garlic powder|
|1 tsp||onion powder|
|half||a head of broccoli|
|half||a head of cauliflower|
|dash||salt and pepper|
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Place a wire rack over top the baking sheet.
- In a shallow bowl, mix the mustards and oil together. Dip the chicken in the mustard blend, and set the chicken aside.
- Crush the pretzels in a food processor, and then combine with the powders, salt, and pepper.
- Dip both sides of the chicken into the pretzels, and plce on the wire rack. Bake for 18 minutes.
- While the chicken is baking, rinse the broccoli and the cauliflower. Cut off the crowns, and split each crown in half. In a sautee pan, add the oil and butter and heat over medium heat. Add the veggies to the pan, and add a dash of salt and pepper. Cook for about 5-6 minutes, or until the veggies are slightly brown and tender.