Geek Food Friday is back, and this week we are making a Pokemon inspired recipe! It’s a fun recipe to make for birthday parties, and sure to be popular with kids or any fan of Pokemon. This recipe uses a home made gluten free white cake recipe and vanilla frosting for the cake balls. Gluten free candy melts can be used to coat the cake on the outside and decorate the outside to look like Pokeballs.
Geek Food Friday is now weekly, so be sure to subscribe to the YouTube channel to catch them as they go live Fridays at 1pm ET!
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp gluten free vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup gluten free flour
- 1/2 container gluten free frosting
- white, red, black, blue, and yellow gluten free candy melts
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Blend the sugar, butter, and vanilla together. Mix in the eggs until well combined.
- In a medium bowl, mix the powder and flour together. Add the flour and milk into the butter, mixing until well combiined.
- Transfer the batter to an oiled pan and bake for 30 minutes. Let the cake cool to room temperature.
- Crumble the cake into a bowl, and mix with the frosting. Mold the cake into golf size balls and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Melt the white candies. Dip cake pop sticks into the candies and put one into each ball. Refrigerate for another 5 minutes.
- Dip each ball in melted white candies, and set aside in styrofoam balls for the white candy to set.
- Melt the red, black, blue, and yellow candies, and use to decorate the cakes into Pokeball cake pops.