Made with Flare More Info'>
|GF Peanut Butter Pie
Can’t resist chocolate and peanut butter? Well, this recipe is definitely for you!
This dessert has been a family favorite since I was a kid. With a slight change in the crust I now prepare it gluten-free for my family to enjoy. Â This easy to make frozen PB pie is perfect for a weeknight or to take to a gathering.
Ingredients: to make 1 pie
- 1–8 ounce package cream cheese (softened)
- Â 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 TBLS honey
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1–8 ounce container of Cool Whip
- chocolate sauce such as Hershey’s syrup (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups finely ground gluten-free graham crackers (regular or chocolate)
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2-3 TBLS melted butter-just enough to moisten the graham cracker crumbs
To make crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees; mix sugar with the finely ground graham, pour into pie plate or foil pie tin. Â Add melted butter to graham cracker mixture, stir and then press moistened mixture into pie plate. Â Place pie crust in oven for 5 minutes just to bake crust slightly. Â Let cool.
To make PB filling:Â with an electric mixer beat cream cheese with powdered sugar until creamy; add peanut butter & honey to cream cheese mixture–beat until creamy; fold in 8 oz. cool whip. Â Pour peanut butter cream cheese filling into prepared pie crust. If you choose to use the chocolate sauce this is the time to drizzle sauce lightly over the PB pie. Â Place in freezer until dessert time. Â Let pie thaw for 10-15 minutes before serving.