Happy Pi(e) Day everyone! Today is March 14th, time to celebrate this math-filled day with some pie! Last month I made a chocolate peanut butter cake for some friends, and they loved the peanut butter frosting. So I figured for today’s Pi(e) Day that I’d make a pie variety.
This is a fairly easy pie to make, and has less than 10 ingredients. The almond meal crust has a great texture and all it needs is a food processor. The pie filling is no bake, and only needs four ingredients! If you love peanut butter and chocolate together, you should definitely try out this dessert!
- 2 cups almond meal
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 8oz package cream cheese
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tup whipped dairy topping
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a food processor pulse the almond meal, sugar, and cocoa together. Once combined, blend in the egg, then pulse the butter into the crust.
- Press the pie dough into a pie tin, and bake for 8 minutes. Let the pie crust completely.
- Whip the peanut butter and cream cheese together until combined.
- Whip the sugar into the butter mix, followed by the dairy topping. Spread into the pie tin, and refrigerate until ready to serve.