-1/2 cup white rice flour
-1/4 cup brown rice flour
-1/4 cup tapioca flour
-1/4 cup potato flour
-1/2 tsp xantham gum
-1 tbsp corn starch
-1/2 cup cocoa powder (high quality such as Ghiradelli)
-1 tsp baking powder
-1 tsp baking soda
-1 cup sugar
-1 tsp salt
-1/2 cup and 2 tbsp butter, room temp
0. Preheat oven to 350F.
1. Mix the flours, gum, cocoa, powder, soda, salt, starches, and sugar in a medium bowl until blended.
2. Cut the butter into small pieces and then blend into the flour.
3. After the butter begins to blend into the flour, add one egg. Mix until dough starts to form. If the dough is very crumbly and does not come together into a dough, add the second egg and blend until a ball forms.
4. Onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper, spoon tablespoons of dough onto the cookie sheets. Wet your fingers with water, and smooth out the dough balls into the shape of Oreo cookies.
5. Place in the oven, and bake for 10 minutes. Cool cookies on a rack until cookies are room temperature.
-1/4 cup room temperature butter
-1/4 cup shortening
-2 cups powdered sugar
-2 tablespoons vanilla
-2 to 3 tablespoons brewed coffee (4 to 6 tablespoons if you want the entire batch of filling to be coffee flavored)
1. In a bowl, beat butter, vanilla and shortening until fluffy.
2. Slowly beat sugar into the butter mix. Continue mixing until light and fluffy.
3. If you are making half the batch coffee flavored, split the filling into half.
4. Whisk the coffee into either half or all of the filling, depending upon your preference.
5. Spoon the filling in between each pair of cookies and gently press into a sandwich.