0 Flares Made with Flare More Info'> 0 Flares ×
This week is a very exciting week for the #SundaySupper group because Sara Moulton has joined us this week! For this week’s event we’re sharing recipes inspired by her Everyday Family Dinners book with all of you. The recipe that I’m sharing today is inspired by her Reuben Pizza. I love the concept of turning a sandwich into a pizza, so after some thinking I decided to use a basil, tomato, and mozzarella sandwich as inspiration. I use Sara Moulton’s pizza dough recipe as a base, with some alterations. I use Mama’s Gluten Free Almond Blend Flour, and also used more water than the original recipe. One exciting thing for gluten free pizza dough is you don’t have to spend any time kneading the dough. This is because the purpose of kneading is to work the gluten protein to make a stretchy dough. Since this dough is gluten free, we don’t have to worry about kneading it!
Join our chat this evening and check out the recipes below (including mine at the bottom). Select bloggers will be giving away a copy of this cookbook.Â
Follow Sara Moulton and her recipes onÂ
Breakfast for Dinner:
- Open-faced Zucchini Omelet with Red Bell Pepper and Feta byÂ Grannyâ€™s Down Home Sassy Southern Cooking
- Chocolate French Toast with Fresh Strawberry Sauce byÂ Daily Dish Recipes
- Polenta Lasagne byÂ Blueberries and Blessings
- Spicy Korean Cheesesteak byÂ Kimchi MOM
- Chorizo Mushroom Bites byÂ La Cocina de Leslie
- Roasted Ratatouille CrÃªpes with Goat Cheese byÂ Healthy.Delicious.
- Grilled Chicken and Veggie Pizza byÂ Runnerâ€™s Tales
- Clay Pot Vegetable Stew byÂ Hezzi-Dâ€™s Books and Cooks
- Grilled Reuben Pizza byÂ Juanitaâ€™s Cocina
- Vegetarian Greek Stuffed Zucchini byÂ The Messy Baker Blog
- Manchego, Fig and Bacon Flatbreads byÂ The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Kimchi Fried Rice byÂ girlichef
- Gluten Free Mozzarella Pesto Pizza byÂ No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- Peppery Broccoli with Feta Cheese and Angel Hair Pasta byÂ Hip Foodie Mom
- Chicken Artichoke Piccata byÂ Sustainable Dad
- Reuben Tortilla Pinwheels byÂ Home Cooking Memories
- Deli Style Turkey Reuben Pizza byÂ In The Kitchen with KP
- Grilled Mahi Mahi with Garlic Caper Sauce byÂ Family Foodie
Spectacular Sides and Salads:
- Curried Peas and Black Beans byÂ Cindyâ€™s Recipes and Writings
- Chopped Salad with Feta, Chickpeas, and Pita Croutons byÂ Supper for a Steal
- A Summer Salad from Paris byÂ Mamaâ€™s Blissful Bites
- Caprese Salad with Avocado byÂ Ruffles & Truffles
Donâ€™t Skip Desserts and Drinks:
- Three-Ingredient Pluot Crisp byÂ Shockingly Delicious
- Stuffed Strawberry Dessert byÂ Growing Up Gabel
- Vegan Chocolate Peanut-Butter No Bake Cookies byÂ Killer Bunnies
- Warm Chocolate Cheesecake byÂ That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Turkish Pistachio and Apricot Bread byÂ A Kitchen Hoorâ€™s Adventures
- Sparkling Watermelon Lemonade byÂ The Urban Mrs.
- Blueberry Crepes byÂ Basic N Delicious
- Nectarine Upside-Down Cake byÂ Magnolia Days
- Cannoli Strawberries byÂ Foxes Love Lemons
- Gluten-Free Carrot Cupcakes byÂ Ninja Baking
- Watermelon Basil Lemonade byÂ Curious Cuisiniere
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter each Sunday.Â We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET and you do not want to miss out on the fun. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out ourÂ #SundaySupper Pinterest boardÂ for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement?Â Itâ€™s easy. You can sign up by clicking here â†’Â Sunday Supper Movement.
Gluten Free Mozzarella Pesto Pizza
ServingsÂ 1 14″ pizza
Active PrepÂ 15 minutes
Inactive PrepÂ 45 minutes
Baking TimeÂ 20 minutes
2 cups Mama’s Gluten Free Almond Blend Flour
4 tsp xantham gum
1 1/4 oz quick rising yeast
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 1/4 cup warm water
1 tbsp olive oil
3/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
In a large bowl, combine the flour, gum, yeast, sugar, salt, and powders. Stir in the warm water and the oil. Mix until this forms a dough and forms a ball. Cover and set the bowl in a warm place for 45 minutes to rise.
Preheat your oven to 350F. Cover your pizza pan with parchment paper and use your hands to form the dough into a round pizza, about 1/4-1/2″ thick. Brush the top of the dough with olive oil, and then invert the dough onto the pan. Remove the parchment paper, and brush the top side of the dough with olive oil. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove the pizza at the end of the 8 minutes.
Cover the top of the dough with pesto. Thinly slice the tomato and cover the top of the pizza with the slices. Thinly slice mozzarella and cover the top of the pizza. Place the pizza back in the oven, and bake for 12 minutes.