This week’s Weekday Supper recipes are all recipes that can be made ahead of time. I like to make these gluten free meatballs during the weekend and reheat them with some pasta and sauce throughout the week. This is a go-to meal easily prepared on the weekend and reheated during the week. The homemade gluten free meatballs come together quickly and can elevate the flavors of store bought pasta sauce. Its super easy to make, and can be done within about 30 minutes time.
Be sure to check out all of the amazing Weekday Supper recipes featured this week that can be prepared ahead of time.
Monday – Pickled Purple Cabbage Salsa for Fish Tacos by Simply Healthy Family
Tuesday – Gluten Free Meatballs and Spaghetti by Gluten Free Crumbley
Wednesday – Chicken and Shrimp Stir-Fry by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Thursday – Jerk Chicken Rice Bowl by Casa de Crews
Friday – Perfect Ceviche by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup gluten free breadcrumbs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 6 basil leaves
- 1 yellow onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 package gluten free pasta
- Pasta sauce
- Shaved Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, pork, eggs, breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, pepper, and salt.
- Finely chop the basil and add it to the bowl.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Chop the onion and garlic and cook in the pan for about 5 minutes, until the onions are tender. Add the onions and garlic to the bowl. Clean the pan and place back on the heat.
- Mix the meat together, and form golf ball sized meatballs. Add the meatballs to the pan, and brown the outside of the balls. Once the balls are browned, transfer to a baking sheet, and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- While the meatballs cook, cook the gluten free pasta. Serve the pasta with meatballs, sauce, and shaved cheese.