I love every opportunity I get to participate in Weekday Supper, and I’m glad to join the group of other bloggers this week. We’re bringing you a great variety of meals that are sure to pleasure you and your family.
Be sure to check all of this week’s Weekday Supper recipes below:
Tuesday – Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks – Mu Shu Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Wednesday – Shockingly Delicious – Easy French Bread Pesto Caprese Pizza
Thursday – Alida’s Kitchen – Broccoli Cheddar Quinoa Bites
Friday – Curious Cuisiniere – Green Chili and Spinach Enchiladas
I’ve missed macaroni and cheese when going out to eat with friends, so I was glad to come up with a quick and tasty gluten free mac and cheese recipe that I could really sink a fork into. This recipe uses gluten free rice noodles and a tasty gluten free cheddar cheese sauce with a bit of swiss melted in. I also like to top it with seasoned cubes of Udi’s bread for some extra texture. I also prefer to serve these in ramekins because they are the perfect size for a side dish serving. I hope you enjoy this gluten free macaroni and cheese recipe!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 15 minutes
|2 cups||dry gluten free pasta|
|1/2 cup||2% milk|
|2 cup||shredded sharp cheddar cheese|
|1/2 cup||shredded Swiss cheese|
|1 tsp||ground black pepper|
|1 tsp||granulated sea salt|
|1/2 tsp||dry mustard|
|4 slices||Udi's gluten free white bread|
- Preheat an oven to 350F. Lightly grease 4 ramekins.
- Fill a medium sized pot with water, and bring to a boil. Add the pasta and cook to instructions.
- In a medium pot, add the milk, cheeses, pepper, salt, paprika, and mustard. Place on the stove at medium low heat, stirring occasionally until the cheese has completely melted and a sauce has formed.
- Drain the pasta, and add it to the cheese sauce. Distribute the pasta into the four ramekins.
- Cut the bread into small cubes, and place into a medium bowl. Toss in the oregano and thyme, and top the pasta.
- Place the ramekins in the oven, and bake for 13 minutes. Serve warm and enjoy!