Welcome to Day 4 of Ice Cream Week 2014! This year the event is hosted by Kim ofCravings of a Lunatic and Susan of The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen. We have teamed up with 25 amazing bloggers to make satisfy all your Ice Cream Cravings.
Our sponsors for the event have provided us with some great prizes. A huge thanks to Cake Boss, Anolon, Microplane, WÜSTHOF, Page Street Publishing andQuarry Spoon. Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Susan of The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen have tossed in a bonus prize of a Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker because they think everyone should own one!
Here’s what is up for grabs, One Winner Takes All:
- 1 Cuisinart Ice Cream Machine in White
- One Cake Boss Mechanical Ice Cream Scoop with Red Silicone grips
- One Cake Boss 4Pc Ice Cream Bowl Set, Icing Pattern
- One Anolon Advanced Bronze 2 Qt Covered Straining Saucepan with Pour Spout
- One Microplane Herb and Salad Chopper
- One Microplane Premium Classic Grater in White
- One WUSTHOF CLASSIC 9-inch Double Serrated Bread Knife
- One Copy of the Cookbook Making Artisan Gelato by Torrance Kopfer
- One Copy of the Cookbook Everything Goes with Ice Cream by Koralee Teichroeb
- One Copy of the Cookbook Vegan Scoop by Wheeler del Torro
- One Copy of the Cookbook The Great Vegan Bean Book by Kathy Hester
- One Copy of the Cookbook Eat More Dessert by Jenny Kellar
- One Copy of the Cookbook The Perfect Scoop by David Lebovitz
- One Copy of the Cookbook Scoop Adventures by Lindsay Clendaniel
Be sure to stop by all of today’s Ice Cream Week Participants:
- Cherry Cola Float by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Maple Bacon Bourbon Brown Sugar Ice Cream Sandwiches by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Coffee and Donuts Ice Cream Sandwiches by The Redhead Baker
- Chocolate with Buttercream Icing Ice Cream by Cookistry
- Dulce de Leche and Pecan Sundae by My Catholic Kitchen
- Banana Split Finger Sandwiches by The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Strawberries and Cream Ice Cream by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cinnamon Chunk Ice Cream by Farm Fresh Feasts
- Chocolate Mint Frappe by Noshing with the Nolands
- Gluten Free Lemon Mint Frozen Custard by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Oreo Ice Cream by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Peach Pie Milkshake by The Messy Baker
- Strawberry Vodka Float by Mind Over Batter
- Coconut Cream Fudge Bars by Quarter Life (Crisis) Cuisine
- Flourless Chocolate Almond Coconut Ice Cream Sandwiches by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- How to Make an Old-Fashioned Ice Cream Soda by Mother Would Know
- No Churn Low Carb Mint Ice Cream by Yours and Mine are Ours
Be sure to enter in the rofflecopter, and checkout my recipe below!
On Tuesday I made a Philly style ice cream, so today I wanted to share a different way of making ice cream with you. This lemon mint frozen custard has one key ingredient that makes it different from Tuesday: eggs. Frozen custard is pretty self-explanatory, it’s a custard that’s been churned into a frozen ice cream. Frozen custard takes a little more time to do because you have to slowly cook the eggs into a custard and chill it prior to freezing. What’s different you may be asking? I find frozen custard to be a creamier, richer ice cream. It’s also my preferred method of making fruit-flavored ice creams.
Cook time: 10 minutes
Prep Time: 5 hours
|1 1/2 cup||milk|
|1 1/2 cup||heavy whipping cream|
- Whisk to eggs, milk, and sugar together. Pour into a small saucepan, add the mint leaves, and heat over medium low heat. Stir constantly.
- Transfer the custard to a bowl and remove the mint leaves. Whisk in the cream, zest of the two lemons, and the juice of the two lemons. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Pour the custard into an ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer’s instructions. Transfer to an airtight container and freeze for 3 hours.