My grandmother loved making meals for our family and brought our family together through food. One of her signature dishes was her lasagna, and I wanted to make my gluten free interpretation of this dish for all of you. She made a beautiful tomato sauce that was full of flavor and smelled amazing. I haven’t had this dish in ages, so I was glad to see Tinkyada gluten free rice pasta in the grocery store so I could make this gluten free lasagna dish. I use a quick homemade pasta sauce, but you can substitute this with a canned sauce if you’re short on time. I like making this on a Sunday so it can be reheated for a quick dinner a few days during the week.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
|1 box||Tinkyada gluten free lasagna|
|2 lb||ground beef|
|25 oz||tomato sauce|
|1 lb||part skim ricotta cheese|
|1 cup||shredded mozzarella cheese|
|1/4 cup||Parmesan cheese|
|1 tbsp||chopped basil|
|3/4 tbsp||thyme leaves|
|3/4 tbsp||chopped oregano|
|2 tsp||ground black pepper|
|1/2 cup||shredded mozzarella cheese (for topping)|
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Fill a large pot with water and add 1 tbsp salt and 1 tbsp olive oil and bring to a boil. Add the lasagna noodles and boil for 13 minutes. Drain the pasta and run under cold water.
- Add the ground beef to a pan over medium heat. Stir occasionally until the meat is browned. Drain the grease and add to the tomato sauce.
- In a bowl, mix the cheeses (excluding the 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella), egg, herbs, and pepper together.
- In an rectangular pan, add 1/3 of the meat sauce. Add a layer of noodles. Add half of the cheese mixture, and another 1/3 of meat sauce. Add another layer of noodles, followed by the rest of the cheese mix, then the rest of the meat sauce.
- Cover the pan with foil, and place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and add the 1/2 cup of cheese on top of the lasanga. Bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.