Today’s #SundaySupper recipes all share the common theme of how to kick off the new year with Fresh from Florida Strawberries! I didn’t learn until this year that winter is Strawberry season (I always assumed it was summertime), so I’ve been excited to include strawberries as part of winter recipes. You can enjoy the taste of summer all winter long with Fresh from Florida Strawberries with these Sunday Supper Movement recipes.
Take a moment to think of a dish that features strawberries. Was it a type of dessert? Well today’s recipes are all breakfast, lunch, and dinner dishes made with Florida Strawberries. No desserts! We’re teaming up with Florida Strawberry to share our ideas of how to include strawberries as part of a regular balanced diet.
I love starting out the day with a good healthy breakfast. I have so many loving family memories of gathering around the kitchen table in the morning and sharing conversation over balanced breakfasts. For today I’m bringing a gluten free frittata recipe that features Florida Strawberries. A frittata is an Italian dish similar to an omelet enriched with vegetables and cheese. This frittata is filled with onions and cheddar cheese, and topped with fresh strawberries and herbs.
Strawberries are nutritious, and these recipes include them to create a delicious meal that the entire family can love. It’s easy to add flavor and nutrition to your favorite dishes with Fresh from Florida Strawberries. For more Florida Strawberry Recipes visit StrawberrySue.com.
Did you know that eating only 8 medium strawberries in one day fulfills your daily requirement of vitamin C? Nutritious and delicious locally grown Florida Strawberries are in season now and you can click here for more strawberry nutrition info.
You can also find more information about strawberries by following Florida Strawberry and Strawberry Sue on social media:
- Florida Strawberry on Facebook @FlaStrawberry
- Florida Strawberry on Twitter @FlaStrawberries
- Florida Strawberry on Instagram @flastrawberries
- Florida Strawberry on Pinterest @Flastrawberries
- Strawberry Sue on YouTube
- Strawberry Sue on Twitter @flstrawberrysue
Be sure to also enter the Show us your Strawberries photo contest presented by #SundaySupper and @flastrawberries!
To Enter: Share a photo featuring a strawberry using the hashtag #FLStrawberry and you could win a $100, $50, or $25 gift card
Contest runs from 12/27/15 – 01/17/16
Winners will be chosen at random and announced during the LIVE #SundaySupper Twitter Party 01/17/16
Must be US resident 18 years of age or older
Check out all of these nutritious breakfast, lunch and dinner dishes from the Sunday Supper Movement and Florida Strawberry. Join us at 7pm ET for a strawberry #SundaySupper twitter chat!
Strawberries for Starters
- Crispy Strawberry and Brie Bites by Ruffles & Truffles
- Strawberry Balsamic Chicken Flatbread by The Crumby Cupcake
- Strawberry Basil Goat Cheese Ball by Take A Bite Out of Boca
Strawberries for Breakfast
- Creamy Strawberry Chia Seed Avocado Smoothie by An Appealing Plan
- Fresh Strawberry Breakfast Parfait by The Freshman Cook
- Strawberry Balsamic Frittata by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Strawberry Bread by Desserts Required
- Strawberry Breakfast Cake by Recipe for Perfection
- Strawberry French Toast Kabobs by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Strawberry Guacamole & Bacon Toast by I’m Not the Nanny
Strawberries for Lunch
- Strawberry-Poppyseed Chicken Salad Sandwiches by Casa de Crews
- Venison Street Tacos by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Strawberry Brie Flatbread Salad by Family Foodie
- Strawberry Caprese Salad by Life Tastes Good
Strawberries for Dinner
- Balsamic Pork Salad with Strawberries and Goat Cheese by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Healthy One Pot Chicken Strawberry Paella by Food Done Light
- Pecan Chicken with Strawberry Chipotle Salsa by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Quinoa with Salmon and Strawberries by Cooking Chat
- Strawberry BBQ Meatballs by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Strawberry Risotto by Magnolia Days
Plus don’t miss Delicious Strawberry Ideas and Sweet Recipes by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
This post is sponsored by the Florida Strawberry Growers Association in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
- 2 garlic cloves
- M,M,1 medium yellow onion
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 dozen large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 8 strawberries
- 2 tbsp chopped basil
- 1 tbsp chopped thyme
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Mince the garlic and chop the onion
- Saute the onion and garlic in the olive oil over low heat for 4 minutes. Remove them from the heat.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, pepper and salt together. Add the coconut oil to a skillet over medium heat. Pour the eggs into the skillet, and sprinkle with the onion and garlic. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until the sides of the eggs are slightly set.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- After removing the eggs from the oven, chop the strawberries, basil, and thyme. Toss together with the vinegar and sprinkle on top of the frittata.