If you’re like me and travelling elsewhere for Christmas, and are trying to come up with a good dessert to bring for Christmas Eve Dinner, then here’s one that I’ve brought to other events with great success. The flavor in this dessert isn’t as dark as it is in many of my other chocolate desserts, but a little milk chocolate here and there is still plenty to cheer over!
Active Prep Time: 15 minutes
Baking Time: 6 minutes
Inactive Prep Time: 3 hours
Serves:Â 8 people
-1.5 cups gluten free graham cracker crumbs
-6 tbsp melted butter
-1/2 cup granulated sugar
-1 box of instant chocolate Jello pudding
-1 3/4 cups milk
-1 tub of Cool Whip
-Semi-sweet Ghirardelli chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a microwavable bowl, melt the butter
3. In a medium bowl, combine the crumbs, sugar, and butter.
4. Press the mixture into a pie pan using your hands. Place the crust into the oven for about 6 minutes to cook the crust.
5. Once done, pull out of the oven and place into the refrigerator for about 5 minutes in order for the crust to cool.
6. In a medium bowl, whisk the milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Once done, fold in half of the Cool Whip until the pie filling is fully combined.
7. Pull the crust out of the fridge, and once completely cooled, pour the filling into the crust, and spread until even. Refrigerate for 3 hours.
8. Once you are ready to serve, finely chop some of the chocolate. Serve pie slices with a dollop of Cool Whip and some chocolate shavings. Enjoy!