Hey everybody! I’m excited to share that today we’re celebrating our friend Isabel the best way we know how; through food! It’s Isabel’s birthday this week, so we’re throwing her a virtual birthday party with #IsabelsBirthdayBash! Happy Birthday Isabel!
I’ve known Isabel for a few years now, and she’s been a constant source of love and support so it was an immediate YES when I saw the opportunity to join in the celebration. I’ve had the chance to meet her in person and she is exactly who you’d expect her to be; a genuine, kind, and loving mother. She’s nurtured this amazing family environment both online and in person with the Sunday Supper Movement and the Food and Wine Conference.
When coming up with the recipe for today, it was kind of a no brainer. I regard Isabel as the queen of flatbreads (check out her list of flatbreads here: http://familyfoodie.com/category/flatbreads/). I’ve been meaning to do a flatbread recipe for a while, so today seemed like the right time to honor such an amazing person!
I use Certified Gluten Free flatbreads for this recipe, which is both quick and delicious when using all the fresh veggies and herbs. I hope you enjoy, and check out all the posts!
Join me in celebrating Isabel’s Birthday with all the delicious food and drinks her #SundaySupper family prepared!
- Birthday Cake Cocktails by Daily Dish Recipes
- Blueberry Lavender Mojitos by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Caipirinha Colada by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventure
- Fig-Bourbon Fizz by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Mocha Martini by Desserts Required
- Mocha Mudslide by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Plum and Thyme Champagne Cocktail by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Summer Fizzies by Momma’s Meals
- 2-Ingredient Deviled Eggs by Shockingly Delicious
- Apple and Chorizo Crostini with Shallots and Basil by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Buffalo Chicken Wontons by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Burrata Caprese Crostini with Proscuitto by The Crumby Cupcake
- Chorizo and Kimchi Potato Pancakes from kimchi MOM
- Cotija and Roasted Corn Guacamole by Simply Healthy Family
- Gluten Free Basil Tomato Flatbread by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Salt Cod Fritters by Recipes Food and Cooking
Birthday Main Courses:
- Chai Sweet Chili Chicken Flatbread by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Chorizo Eggs Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Espetada (Portuguese Beef Skewers) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Grilled Salmon Rice Salad by Magnolia Days
- Sofrito Marinated Beef Skewers by Nik Snacks
- Steak with Red Wine Reduction and Blue Cheese by The Weekend Gourmet
- Angel Food Cake by Feeding Big
- Birthday Blondies by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake with Buttercream Icing by Whole Food | Real Families
- Chocolate Doughnuts with White and Chocolate Glaze by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- French Vanilla Eclair Cake by Love and Confections
- Homemade No-Churn Nutella Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cheesecake by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Italian Cream Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Japanese Cherry Blossom Brownies and 10 Tips on How-To Get Drunk With Happiness by NinjaBaker
- Mint Chocolate Cream Pie by gotta get baked
- Pink Lemonade Cookies by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Queijadas de Sintra by Food Lust People Love
- Red Currant Cheesecake Ice Cream by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Summer Peach Cake by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- 1 Certified Gluten Free Flatbread
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 3 oz fresh mozzarella cheese
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- dash salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- If frozen, thaw the flatbread. Place the flatbread on a baking sheet over parchment paper.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half and place on top of the flatbread.
- Pat the mozzarella dry, and thinly slice. Top the flatbread.
- Roll up the leaves tightly into a bundle, then thinly slice into threads. Sprinkle on top of the flatbread.
- Drizzle with the vinegar, and sprinkle salt and pepper on top.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, and enjoy!