I hope y’all are having a good week so far! We are halfway through the week, which means it is Food Tip Wednesday! The past several FTWs have all been centered around how to live gluten free, whether it be at a cookout, a camping trip, or even in your own kitchen. This week’s FTW is a little more abstract…this week the theme is fun!
I don’t know about you, but my life can easily fall into a pattern of craziness between work, blogging, housework, and thousands of other events. During crazy weeks I can easily fall into a slump where I’m stressed out and uninspired. Which brings us back to this week’s fun FTW. When I’m feeling down or uninspired, I like to experiment and have fun in the kitchen. Experimenting with new recipes can help you creativity, and is also a great way of introducing kids cooking their own food.
To celebrate the theme of this week’s FTW, I decided to make a gluten free version of a recipe I found on the internet called smoreos (smores + oreos). Check the recipe and video for my smortinos (smores + Glutinos).
Note: always be careful with open flames. Be aware and don’t burn yourself!
- 1 box Glutino gluten free chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1 bag marshmallows
- 2 milk chocolate bars
- 1 box Schar gluten free honeygrams
- Remove the cream filling from the chocolate sandwich cookies
- Place a honeygram on top of one of the cookies.
- Roast a marshmallow and place on top of the honeygram
- Top with a square of chocolate and the other half of the chocolate cookie.