Happy Pi Day! Here are some delicious pies baked up by our blog friends. Hope you have a delicious #piday!
Cherry Hand Pies from Love and Confections
Chocolate Orange Free Form Pie from The Bitter Side of Sweet
Chocolate Peanut Butter Freezer Pie from Feeding Big
Fried Apple Pies from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Gluten Free Death By Chocolate Pie from Gluten Free Crumbley
Mini Shamrock Pie from The Freshman Cook
Shepherd’s Pie Pizza from The Spiffy Cookie
Sweet Potato Pie from My Catholic Kitchen
- 1 box Glutino gluten free chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1/2 stick room temperature butter
- 12 oz semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- whipped topping
- 1 block semisweet chocolate (optional for shaving)
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Crush the cookies in a food processor, then pulse in the butter. Press the cookies into a pie pan and bake for 5 minutes. Remove and let cool completely.
- In a saucepan, heat 1 cup of the cream over medium heat just until it starts to boil.
- Place the chocolate into a bowl, and pour the hot cream over top. Let the chocolate sit foor 5 minutes, then stir constantly until a creamy, smooth chocolate sauce forms. Set aside until cooled to room temperature.
- Whip the 2 cups cream and sugar together until light peaks form. Fold into the chocolate, then pour into the pie pan.
- Refrigerate overnight, then serve with the whipped topping and shave chocolate for added garnish.