It’s day 4 of #BrunchWeek! For today’s recipe I’m making a gluten free pastry that’s easy to make, it just takes a few hours of rest time prior to baking. These pastries are filled with a citrus flavor, and melt into your mouth when you take a bite. On top of all that, a thin layer of crisp sugar is baked onto the top of easy pastry. I hope you try it out!
- 1 cup sweet rice flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 1/4 tsp guar gum
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 14 tbsp cold butter
- 3 tbsp ice water
- 1/2 tsp lemon extract
- 1/2 tsp orange extract
- 1/4 cup sugar
- zest of 2 lemons
- Cube 12 tbsp of butter.
- Cut the butter into the flour mix, in two separate batches until a loose dough forms. Knead int the cold water and extracts until a soft dough is formed. Tightly wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough into a rectangle. Cut the remaining butter into thin slices and lay on top the dough.
- Fold the dough like a letter, then roll out into a thin rectangle again. Fold the dough like a letter again, then wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Roll the dough into a rectangle and cut into triangles. Lay onto a silpat and sprinkle with sugar and zest. Bake for 16 minutes or until golden brown.
Check out my #BrunchWeek post for all the giveaway prizes, and the rafflecopter at the bottom of the post. Thank you so much, Sponsors, for your generosity. We have an incredible giveaway below and we’d love if you would take a moment to read about it and what you can win! This post featured products from Nielsen-Massey, Dixie Crystal, and KitchenIQ. Check out their social media below!
Disclaimer: Thank you to #BrunchWeek Sponsors: Red Star Yeast, Dixie Crystals, Cabot Cheese, Vidalia Onion Committee, Sage Fruits, Nielsen-Massey, KitchenIQ, and Le Creuset for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #BrunchWeek. All opinions are my own. The #BrunchWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up only. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Eight winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #BrunchWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
- Aperol Cocktails by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Grapefruit Rosemary Mocktails by Sweet Beginnings
- Teh Tarik (Malaysian Pulled Tea) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
BrunchWeek Breads, Grains and Pastries:
- Homemade Crumpets by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Apple Cinnamon Scones with Salted Caramel Drizzle by Family Around the Table
- Cannoli French Toast by Cooking In Stilettos
- Cinnamon Cobblestone Bread by My Catholic Kitchen
- Orange Popvers by The Chef Next Door
- Pretzel Bagels with Roasted Jalapeno Cream Cheese by The Texan New Yorker
- Strawberries and Cream Sweet Rolls by The Redhead Baker
BrunchWeek Fruits, Vegetables and Sides:
- Apple Fritters by The Suburban Soapbox
- Blueberry Salad with Green Onion-Poppy Seed Dressing by Love & Confections
BrunchWeek Egg Dishes:
- Caramelized onion, Bacon, and Cheddar Egg Tart by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Breakfast Quesadillas with Bacon and Cheesy Eggs by Casa de Crews
- Chorizo Egg Breakfast Skillet by Brunch-n-Bites
- Crab Souffle by A Day in the LIfe on the Farm
- Picante Omlette Pie by Feeding Big and more
- Slow Cooker Ham, Cheese, and Veggie Breakfast Casserole by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
BrunchWeek Main Dishes:
- Curried Fish Tacos by Nik Snacks
- Ham and Mushroom Strata by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Mini Croque Monsieurs by Making Miracles
- Roman Breakfast Sandwich by Palatable Pastime
- Strawberry Chicken Salad by The Barbee Housewife
- Spiced Marinated Lamb Lollipops by Culinary Adventures with Camilla