It’s the last day of #BrunchWeek! For today’s recipe I’m making cinnamon apple pancakes, a recipe that I feel is required for any good brunch (waffles are a satisfactory substitute). The pancake recipe is gluten free, and one that I’ve served to many that couldn’t tell the difference between gluteny and gluten free. As an alternative to maple syrup, I’m serving this with an apple cinnamon sauce, made with apples sent to us from Sage Fruit! Please go check them out, they sent me a crate of apples and they were so fresh and delicious! My recipe for today originally didn’t feature apples, but I had to change up the recipe to include these apples! Safe Fruit sent me Breeze apples, a new variety of apple all the way from New Zealand! They’re currently working to grow this variety of apple in Washington, so please go check them out for their creative crop growing!
- 1 apple
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- Dry Ingredients
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1 1/2 tsp tapioca flour
- 1/6 cup potato starch
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- Wet Ingredients
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Chop the apples and add into a saucepan with the sugar, cinnamon and water.
- Cook over medium low heat for about 8 minutes or until a sauce forms. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the dry ingredients until they are well blended.
- Add the wet ingredients to the bowl, and mix until well blended.
- Heat a griddle pan to 375F or a flat pan to medium heat. The pan is ready if drops of water evaporate when dropped onto the pan. Spray with cooking spray or butter the pan.
- Using a 1/4 cup spoon the batter onto the pan. Wait until the side have solidified and bubbles form in the pancake to flip.
- Wait a few minutes for the other side to cook, and remove from pan.
- Serve the pancakes with the cinnamon apples and enjoy!
Check out my #BrunchWeek post for all the giveaway prizes, and the rafflecopter at the bottom of the post. Thank you so much, Sponsors, for your generosity. We have an incredible giveaway below and we’d love if you would take a moment to read about it and what you can win! This post featured products from Sage Fruit. Check out their social media below!
Disclaimer: Thank you to #BrunchWeek Sponsors: Red Star Yeast, Dixie Crystals, Cabot Cheese, Vidalia Onion Committee, Sage Fruits, Nielsen-Massey, KitchenIQ, and Le Creuset for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #BrunchWeek. All opinions are my own. The #BrunchWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up only. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Eight winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #BrunchWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
- Iced Caramel Coffee by The Redhead Baker
BrunchWeek Breads, Grains and Pastries:
- Chocolate Muffins by The Texan New Yorker
- Cinnamon Roll Apple Pancakes with Cream Cheese Drizzle by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Cranberry Orange Muffins by Books n’ Cooks
- Lemon Blueberry Waffles with Sweet Blueberry Compote by Cooking In Stilettos
- Oatmeal Walnut Waffles with Fried Apples by Love & Confections
- Orange Sweet Rolls by Making Miracles
- Raspberry Coffee Cake by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Rosemary and Cornmeal Cake by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
BrunchWeek Fruits, Vegetables and Sides:
- Watermelon Noodle Salad by Forking Up
BrunchWeek Main Dishes:
- Baked Salmon with Citrus Yogurt Sauce by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cheddar French Toast with Crab Hollandaise by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Apple Pecan Fritters with Caramel Icing by From Gate to Plate
- Lemon Cupcakes with Lavender Frosting by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Salted Coffee Caramel Sauce by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Strawberry Shortcake by Feeding Big and More
- Strawberry-Rhubarb Crisp by Palatable Pastime