Now that we’re in spring, I am so ready to bust out the barbecue recipes and to start grilling. I have a great grill pan that I can use on the stove top, but there’s something magical about cooking food on a wood or gas grill. I love making this recipe on the weekends so that I can easily reheat it for lunches or dinners during the week. This is a really easy chicken recipe, where the greatest time investment is in the marinade time. I also like making this dressed kale for lunches or as a side because it only needs a few ingredients and is quick to prepare.
- 2 chicken breasts with skin
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- several kale leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- In a bowl, mix the vinegar, sugar, ketchup, pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Add the chicken and marinade for 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400F, and heat a greased grill pan over medium.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, and cook skin side down on the pan for 10 minutes.
- Flip the chicken so that the skin is facing up. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove the chicken from the oven and let it rest for five minutes.
- Chop the kale leaves into bite size pieces. Toss in the oil, vinegar, and powders, and serve with the chicken.