Recently I had the opportunity to try out first Fresh chicken sausages, and I fell in love with their Hot Italian Chicken Sausage. Not many people realize it, but you have to be careful with sausages if you’re gluten free or Celiac. Many manufactured sausages contain a high volume of gluten either through various grains stuffed inside or the casing itself will contains wheat flour. The great thing about the first Fresh sausages is they are gluten free and the casing does not contain any gluten. I also liked that the short list of ingredients in the sausages, with the three main ingredients being chicken breast, chicken skin, and water.
Hot Italian Chicken Sausage with Cilantro Rice
So I wanted to make a recipe that would be great for weekday nights, that can be easily made in a short amount of time when life gets a little bit crazy. I’ve always been a fan of brown rice as a side since it’s gluten free, and doesn’t take a lot of time to make. I wanted to make a nice, zesty seasoned rice that I thought would go well with the Italian chicken sausage. I hope you enjoy this recipe and give it a try!
first Fresh Hot Chicken Italian Sausage with Rice and Broccoli
- first Fresh Hot Italian Chicken Sausage
- 1 boil-in-bag brown rice
- 1/2 lime
- handful cilantro
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 head broccoli
- gluten free bread
- Boil a pot of water and place the sausage in the water for 1 minutes. Remove from water.
- On a non-stick pan, pan fry the sausage on medium low heat for several minutes. Use a thermometer to check the sausage is at least 165F.
- Boil the rice per the package instructions. Drain the rice, and add the juice from the lime and the salt. Chop the cilantro and add to the rice. Toss the rice and set aside.
- Boil a pot of water, and cook the broccoli for 3 minutes.